A welcome to readers

As a resident of this planet for more than four fifths of a century, I have enjoyed both successes and disappointments in a wide variety of vocations, avocations, and life experiences. This blog satisfies my desire to share some thoughts and observations--trenchant and prosaic--with those who are searching for diversions which are interesting, poignant and occasionally funny. I also plan to share recommendations about good/great movies I've watched and books and articles which I've found particularly mind-opening, entertaining, instructive. In addition, I can't pass up the opportunity to reflect publicly on how I am experiencing the so-called Golden Years. Write anytime:
markmarv2004@yahoo.com

Monday, July 13, 2015

ALEC UNCOVERED

Americans who are interested in the political process and how it REALLY works, should  spend a half hour viewing this Moyer's report on ALEC. It is eye-opening and disheartening, but voters should know the forces that are operating behind who actually creates the legislation that affects our daily lives. Voters also need to know which politicians are controlled by/affiliated with ALEC.  If you're like I am, you'll be surprised, shocked, and then angry.

http://billmoyers.com/segment/united-states-of-alec/

No comments:

Post a Comment