A welcome to readers

As a resident of this planet for more than four fifths of a century, I have enjoyed both successes and disappointments in a wide variety of vocations, avocations, and life experiences. This blog satisfies my desire to share some thoughts and observations--trenchant and prosaic--with those who are searching for diversions which are interesting, poignant and occasionally funny. I also plan to share recommendations about good/great movies I've watched and books and articles which I've found particularly mind-opening, entertaining, instructive. In addition, I can't pass up the opportunity to reflect publicly on how I am experiencing the so-called Golden Years. Write anytime:
markmarv2004@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 2, 2015

FINAL FIVE IN INDIANAPOLIS

This morning, I saw a headline in the Washington Post that read:

In Indianapolis, concern that religious freedom law will harm local economy


For many, the objections to the Indiana law are all about its potential negative impact on the local economy while the human concerns of the Rainbow community are not mentioned or headlined at all.  

Another example, from my point of view, of the way money and greed are the chief drivers of American culture in 2015.

The Final Four will be settled on the court; the Final Fifth (and most important) Issue will probably have to be decided by the Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment